18 January, 2009

New thoughts in a new year

Well I thought that since one of my , unformal.. in my mind, resolutions was to write on my blog at least once a month this year that I better get started.. I have been inspired by many of my blogging friends.. and of course those friends who yell at me for not keeping in touch!!
Every year I have a fantasy that "this year" will be the year that EVERYTHING goes perfect for at least a month.. and then every year around the 18th I realize that my fantasy is fading quickly. I think it's funny that I'm 38 and I am still awaiting "perfection" here in this imperfect place. So another one of my resolutions this year is to forge forth with the dreams and with the resolutions whether perfection seems to lead or fall to the wayside.
I have also decided to begin wearing my "no complaining " bracelet that my my best friend Holly ordered for me ( and one for her) about a year and a half ago.. it's been sitting in my jewlery box waiting for a "perfect" time in my life to wear it.. hahaha . I am actually laughing out loud at myself right now. I really NEVER understood what an ideaslist and perfectionist that I am . So with this bracelet the idea is to wear it on one wrist for 21 days straight!! Everytime that I complain I have to switch it over to the other wrist and start it all over!!! Seriously, HELP ME JESUS!! So if I seem overly optimistic in times of doubt or trouble you know that not only am I spending time reading my bible and times of meditation on God's word or with the Lord BUT I am also wearing my ever so friendly purple reminder to be thankful.
I am ready to really get this idea that life is 10% circumstance and 90% attitude!
I think the big thing will be figuring out the difference between "not complaining" and "mourning".. because I do believe that it is Biblical to mourn.. and so I think my subject is about "mourning with those who mourn" and not 'complaining".
I am not sure if everyone is aware that my 100 lb, 4'11, best friend was attcked last year, while running, by a 270 lb, 5'10, local boy. We are in the middle of going through his trial right now. He slammed her body to the ground, began accosting her and dragging her toward his vehicle. We believe that his intent was to rape and kidnap her. I sat through the trial since Holly, a witness, could not be in there. It has been one of the hardest things that I have ever sat through. We actually were able to hear hear his confession. He said that he saw her and had to "hold her and touch her". SICK! Hearing his lawyer trying to say that everyone has the wrong interpretation of what happened. Hearing him say that Holly actually tripped and that he, a concerned, citizen , was dragging her behind a wall so she would not get run over by cars. .. and that the his confession was given because he was scared of the police and didnt understand his miranda rights. As a sat and listened to this I was literally shaking from the anger racing through my body!
So we are now waiting for closing arguments to happen this week and then the verdict. Please be praying for Holly.. that she would stop seeing images of him everytime she goes out for a run and pray for him, that he would understand just how sick he is so that he can get some much needed help.. and give his life over to God.
You know, I am thankful that my friend has clutched on to the Lord through all of this. He has been her rock and her refuge. So I am thankful, that my best friend is still alive.. and still as crazy, opinionated, giving, stubborn, and beautiful , as ever.

No comments: